Monday, March 17, 2008

Kevin Presley Wins Best Sideburns

The National Broadcasters Association recently awarded WDHN news anchor Kevin Presley for having “Best Sideburns”. Presley said he was honored by the award and hopes his sideburns bring prosperity to the Wiregrass area.

“Thank you NBA and thank you Wiregrass”, Presley said, in reference to the award. “As far as I know, no one in the Dothan area has ever been bestowed this high honor. John Williams got Best Hair in 1984 and 1985, but nothing compares to Best Sideburns. I worked hard for these sideburns, my stylist and burns were recently featured on the cover of Men’s Health magazine. Yesterday morning Wendell Stepp informed me that the City of Dothan is commissioning a mural of my sideburns to go on the WTVY building, pretty sweet deal.”

Co-anchor Jenna Zibton nominated Presley for the highly coveted award. “My girlfriends are so jealous that I get to sit next to Kevin and deliver the news everyday.” Zibton said, adding “Greg Dee is our super intelligent meet…meteor…weatherman and Kim Allen is your basic muscle man jock, but Kevin Presley, is like Burt Reynolds without the mustache.”

General Manager Janie Hinson stated “Occasionally a small market station like WDHN will find truly great anchor like Kevin. Since John Williams retired, the Dothan area has been lacking a real man to deliver the nightly news. We are the most watched news program among 18 to 65 year old women in the Wiregrass. I think there is a good reason for that, those sideburns are a trusted news source.”

No comments:

Post a Comment